We advise Russian-speaking businesses from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan and other countries who face business challenges in Lithuania and European Union. Our law firm advises Russian-speaking businesses on a wide range of corporate, transactional and regulatory assignments that are linked with Lithuania. In addition, we advise our clients from Russia and the CIS countries on the European Union regulations and, if necessary, act on behalf of our client in the European Union judicial authorities.
Private clients from this region are mostly interested in acquiring assets in Lithuania, getting residency and work permits here. We assist them in preparing relevant documentation and liaise with local immigration and labour authorities.
Similarly, we advise Lithuanian companies that are engaged in doing business in Russian and other CIS countries. We understand practicalities of doing business in this region. Mr Eduard Plesak, the head of the Russian Desk, is a Russian native speaker.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Assistance to Russian-speaking clients on starting business in Lithuania and obtaining relevant permits from Lithuanian governmental authorities;
- Industry specific legal advice, representation and liaison on behalf of clients with Lithuanian governmental authorities and agencies;
- Advising on the European Union laws, sanctions, EU competition laws, and other EU regulations;
- Advising CIS based businesses on local import and export regulations, relevant VAT issues
- Legal advice on various ground transportation issues while ferrying goods to and out of the CIS countries into Lithuania, advising on the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CRM Convention)
- Advising Russian-speaking private clients on immigration issues, work permits, entry and residence of highly qualified workers (EU Blue Card), temporary and permanent stay in Lithuania
- Legal support in challenging decisions of the Lithuanian tax and customs authorities;
- Assistance to Russian-speaking clients in criminal proceedings in Lithuania
© 2008 - 2021, Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius. All rights reserved. The contents of this website and all information contained therein is protected under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and applicable international agreements. The information contained on this website may not be copied, shared or reproduced or published without the written permission of Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius.