Terms and Conditions
Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius is a firm registered with the Lithuanian Bar Association at Jogailos str. 4, Vilnius, Lithuania for the purpose of providing legal services. We are bound by a professional Code of Conduct approved by the Lithuanian Bar Association and promulgated by the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania. All relations between Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius (the “Law Firm”) and our clients are subject to these General Terms and Conditions, unless otherwise agreed with each client.
- The Law Firm will bring its lawyers to work on the assignment of a client. A client gives the power for the Law Firm, all its attorneys, hired lawyers or law students who are working for the Law Firm as employees or independent contractors to work on the assignments of a client. All such services shall be considered as the services provided by the Law Firm.
- The Law Firm undertakes to provide legal services. A client gives the Law Firm and any of the Attorney of the Law Firm (“Attorneys“) the right to take all steps in the assignment that they believe worth doing, including filing court documents or other legal papers. When the Law Firm believes it is right to do so, the Law Firm will give way to the client to make decisions. When acting in accordance with a client’s instructions, the Law Firm complies with the Code of Conduct as approved by the Lithuanian Bar Association and other laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Clients have been told, recognize and understand that the Law Firm has made no guarantee, promising the success or outcome in respect of the assignment ordered by them.
- Before taking instruction, the Law Firm shall have a right to request certain information from the client, certain organizations and public authorities in order to verify the identity of the client, ownership structure, including final beneficial owners.
- Before taking instruction, a conflict of interests check will be carried out and all relevant matters discussed with the client. The conflict of interest rules do not prevent the Law Firm from advising other companies that are in the same line of business as the client.
- All information and data received from or about the client will be treated confidentially. The Law Firm will follow internal procedures to ensure effective protection of all confidential information. The Law Firm cannot guarantee confidentiality where communication is performed per e-mail, fax or otherwise externally. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Law Firm and the Attorneys shall retain the right to disclose confidential information if: (i) disclosure is required by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania; (ii) disclosure is required in order to protect the client‘s rights and interests, (iii) it is necessary to establish the legal fees of the Law Firm or the Attorneys or to recover such legal fees; (iv) disclosure is necessary for the Law Firm or for the Attorneys to defend themselves against a claim or allegation of wrongful act; (v) a client provides his written or oral consent for such disclosure.
- All papers and documents relevant to a file will be kept for one year after the completion of the work. All original documents will be returned upon completion of work.
- All legal fees due to be paid by a client to the Law Firm depend on the nature of client’s particular assignment and the estimated scope of work and shall be agreed upon by the parties. The following factors that may influence the overall fee: the time spent on the client’s assignment, the level of legal qualification and professional skills required, and the complexity and urgency of the assignment. The VAT as applicable under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania at the time the invoice is issued shall be added and the total sum due shall be stated. Invoices not paid within ten (10) days will be considered as past due and no additional remainder has to be made on this occassion. The past due invoices wil be charged the interest rate of 0,05% per day.
- Additional expenses incurred by the Law Firm, including, but not limited to, printing and photocopying, couriers, translations, governmental or registration fees, fees or invoices of other law firms, notaries and third party advisors and experts, and travelling costs outside Vilnius, will be invoiced to the client separately.
- The Law Firm owns the copyright in the material which is produced in the case and advice rendered to the client consequently may not be used by third parties. All copyright and other intellectual property rights belonging to the Law Firm remain vested in the Law Firm.
- The Law Firm and Attorneys shall not be liable for any loss to the client as a result of this agreement, unless caused by the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of the Law Firm or Attorney. The aggregate liability of the Law Firm shall be limited to the amounts paid to the Law Firm for the particular assignment.
- The Law Firm does not assume any liability for loss or damage suffered by means of tax being imposed or the risk of tax being imposed on a client as a result of services rendered by the Law Firm. The Law Firm shall not be liable for any consequential loss or other indirect loss, including loss of profits, data, reputation, etc.
- The Law Firm may suggest using experts, such as investigators, appraisers, accountants, or other professionals. The Law Firm shall not be liable for work undertaken by subcontractors when such sub-contracting was approved by a client.
- These General Terms and Conditions may also be invoked by persons and legal entities that are involved, directly or indirectly, in any manner in the services rendered by or on behalf of the Law Firm.
- Unless instructed otherwise, the Law Firm reserves the right to refer to its engagement in the client’s assignment in the marketing.
- The Law Firm retains the right to terminate the Agreement at any time in case any of the following occasions: (i) a client wants to do or suggests a criminal or illegal act; or (ii) Law Firm discovers that a client has used the Law Firm’s services to do an illegal act; or (iii) a client insists that the Law Firm or any Attorney do something that is unethical or is unreasonable; or (iv) a client does not communicate the Law Firm working on the client’s assignment; or (v) if the Law Firm’s bill are unpaid for a period over ten (10) days beyond the due date; or (vi) a client does not follow the Law Firm’s or the Attorney’s advice.
- Relations between a client and the Law Firm shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the legal service agreement, its breach, termination or validity shall be finally settled by arbitration in the Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration in accordance with its rules. All arbitral and similar proceedings conducted, all information disclosed in the course of such proceedings, as well as any decision and award made or declared during the proceedings, shall be kept strictly confidential. Such information, decision or award may not, in any form, be disclosed to any third party without the express written consent of the other party. Notwithstanding the aforementioned obligation, the party is entitled to disclose such information in order to preserve its rights versus the other party or an insurance company or if the party is required to so disclose information under mandatory laws or stock exchange rules and regulations or similar laws.
© 2008 - 2018, Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius. All rights reserved. The contents of this website and all information contained therein is protected under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and applicable international agreements. The information contained on this website may not be copied, shared or reproduced or published without the written permission of Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius.