Corporate, M&A transactions:
- Drafting and negotiation of contractual documentation in relation to the sale of the company awarded the EU grant for certain manufacturing activity. Dealings with the National Paying Agency (Nacionalinė mokėjimo agentūra) regarding approval of the change of shareholders;
- Incorporation of various types of companies (joint-stock entities, public organisations, etc.) in Lithuania for and on behalf of foreign investors, a daily corporate advice to foreign investors on running business in Lithuania;
- Assistance to Lithuanian clients on various corporate matters in relation to their subsidiaries in other jurisdictions (participation in annual shareholder meetings, liaising with foreign attorneys,etc).
- Acting for a higher educational institution in the dispute with the Research and Higher Educational Monitoring and Analysis Center (Mokslo ir studijų stebėsenos ir analizės centras) and Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras) regarding assessment of the activity of the client. Vilnius Regional Administrative Court found that the complaint of the Law Firm acting on behalf of a higher educational institution was well founded. The Court agreed with the line of argument of the Law Firm and obligated the Ministry of Education to perform a new assessment of the client’s activity;
- Representation of an ex-director with a complex dispute with other shareholders of the company, acting for the client in the proceedings in which certain transactions made by the ex-director were challenged;
- Acting for a ground handling company in the dispute on the results of public tender aimed at selecting the winner to develop the infrastructure in the airport. The courts of two instances acknowledged that the client of the Law Firm was named as a winner of the tender lawfully and dismissed the claim.
- Acting for a local maintenance facility in the dispute regarding repossession of the aircraft claimed by the owner.
- Acting for a local travel agency in Vilnius Regional Administrative Court in the dispute with the Competition Council of the Republic of Lithuania regarding the lifting of the fine for alleged breach of requirements of the Law on Competition of the Republic of Lithuania and Treaty on Functioning of the European Union. The case was later stayed in the appeal proceedings by the Lithuanian Chief Administrative Court that applied to the European Court of Justice for a preliminary ruling.
- Advising a large maintenance facility in the dispute with the Lithuanian customs authorities regarding the incidence of the import VAT. The decisions of the customs authorities were successfully challenged and the dispute was resolved by the Commission on Tax Disputes of the Republic of Lithuania. The dispute concerned local interpretation of the rulings the European Court of Justice dealing with supplies to the airlines operating chiefly on the international routes.
- Advising a private company in the dispute with a leading retail chain regarding supply of certain products into its supermarkets;
- Advising a client in all steps in the negotiations and acquisition of two Boeing 737NG aircraft. The aggregate value of the transaction exceeded US$60,000,000. One of the aircraft has already been successfully placed with the Russian airline.
- Advising a foreign investor on the premises lease in Lithuania;
- Advising on the acquisition of aircraft Cessna to be used for the training purposes by a local client;
- Drafting of the contractual documentation and acting for a client in the complex transaction on the acquisition and further sale of two Airbus 321 aircraft. Before the acquisition, the aircraft was refurbished according to the needs of the final operator. The work in this transaction included the negotiations with the seller, financing party as well as with the aircraft maintenance shop. The value of the transaction exceeded US$40,000,000.
- Advising a local aircraft lessor on the delivery of Boeing 737 aircraft to Kazakhstan airline for lease. The formal lease agreement drafted by the law firm contained customary provisions for aircraft operating lease transactions, as well as certain specific terms and conditions pertaining to the imperative requirements of Lithuanian law given the registration of the aircraft in Lithuania during the lease term.
- Legal support to a ground handling company in the negotiation with Vilnius International Airport on various commercial matters;
- Advising a local entity in the dispute with a foreign entity engaged in manufacturing of the golf equipment;
- Acting for a client in relation to the establishment of a joint-venture company in South African Republic, advising a client on contractual documentation with regards to the common use of the aircraft in the joint activity;
- Advising a local aircraft leasing company on the acquisition and further lease of several Bombardier CRJ 200LR aircraft;
- Advising a client on the acquisition and further sale of two Russian-made aircraft.
- Advising a client in hiring CEOs for its subsidiaries, drafting of the relevant agreements, including the employment and share option agreements, negotiation of complex executive reward schemes with the candidates;
- Advising a foreign company regarding dismissal of the local general manager;
- Acting for a private client engaged in the litigation with the co-owner of the premises;
- Advising a client in the dispute with the authorities of public service;
- Advising a corporate client on the protection of industrial property;
- Acting for a local maintenance organization for business aviation in the Labour Dispute Committee in several cases against a former employee on the infringement of the employment contract.
© 2008 - 2017, Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius. All rights reserved. The contents of this website and all information contained therein is protected under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and applicable international agreements. The information contained on this website may not be copied, shared or reproduced or published without the written permission of Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius.