Dr Gintautas Šulija has extensive experience in large international transactions, complex M&A deals and helping local companies to manage disputes with foreign partners. He worked as a contract attorney for Fried, Frank, Harris, Schriver & Jacobson LLP (London office) in 2007-2008 and earlier at a local Lithuanian law firm.
Currently, he heads the Corporate and M&A and the Commercial practices at our firm. Gintautas routinely represents foreign corporations in protecting their investments and otherwise developing business in Lithuania. Moreover over the last 10 years he took part in more than 100 significant aircraft finance transactions, including deliveries of more than 15 factory new Airbus, Boeing, and Dassault Falcon aircraft.
In 2016 and 2017, Gintautas was listed as a leading individual in the shipping and transport area of EMEA Legal 500. In 2017, Gintautas Šulija was named among other thought leaders nominated by Who is Who Legal 2017 who received the highest number of nominations from peers, corporate counsel, and other market sources.
Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association since 2003.
- Aviation Finance & Leasing (Lithuania) // Getting the Deal Through, contributing ed. Bisset M., Clyde & Co LLP, Law Business Research, London 2017, pp. 99-105;
- Freedom of Contract and its Limits: Analysis of International Aviation Transactions (in Lithuanian), ISSN 1392-1592, Teisės Problemos, No. 4 (78), 2012, pp. 26-48;
- Standard Contract Terms in Cross-Border Business Transactions: a Comparative Study from the Perspective of European Union Law. Frankfurt am Main, Berlin, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Wien 2011;
- Co-author of "Unfair Suretyships in Lithuania", in: Regulating Unfair Banking Practices in Europe: the Case of Personal Suretyships, Weatherill S., Ciacchi A. (eds.) Oxford University Press 2010;
- Co-author of "Reform of the Property Tax and Problems of Real Estate Appraisal for Taxation Purposes in Transitional Economies of Central and Eastern Europe", the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, Cambridge, MA 2138-3400 USA January 2006;
- Commentary of the Penal Code of the Republic of Lithuania (in Lithuanian), Chapter "Sentencing", Articles 47, 55–58, 61–66 Vilnius: Teisinės informacijos centras, 2004 (co-author).