Trade & Commercial:
- Advising a local Lithuanian airlines and providing a legal opinion on the Deeds of Guarantee and Indemnity in respect of obligations of its German subsidiary under the Lease Agreements in respect of two Airbus A320-200 aircraft.
- Advising a Columbian airline and head lessor in subleasing three Airbus 320 aircraft to a Lithuanian airline.
- Advising a Florida based aircraft leasing company, and Small Planet Airlines Sp. Z.o.o., a Polish airline, in the transaction on the sale and purchase of one Airbus 320-214 that was leased to Small Planet Airlines Sp. Z.o.o. and further subleased to its Lithuanian subsidiary
- Advising an Irish private equity company owned by a US fund in acquiring one Airbus A320-214 from a subsidiary of one of the largest aircraft leasing companies in the world, as well as, in further leasing of the aircraft to a Lithuanian airline.
- Advising a global private investment firm on purchasing and lease novation of two A321-211 aircraft from a subsidiary of a regional aircraft leasing company established in Bermuda. Both aircraft were on lease to a local airline.
- Advising a private investor company based in Switzerland on acquisition of one Beechcraft King Air 350 aircraft registered in Malta from a Spanish company.
- Advising a local airline on the exercise of a purchase option and completion of acquisition of two Boeing 737-400 from a subsidiary of a large Russian financial institution.
- Acting as a joint legal counsel for Cyprus and Lithuanian clients on the sale and purchase of one Boeing 737-400
- Advising a local company on concluding a finance lease agreement in respect of three Boeing 737-500 aircraft to be leased to a Kazakh airline.
- Assisting a local airline in acquiring one (1) Boeing 737-300 from Irish private equity company.
- Advising a local airline on the lease of one Airbus A320-233 between an Irish private equity company and Lithuanian airline.
- Acting as a joint legal counsel for a Cyprus company, Irish company and Lithuanian airline in transactions on the sale of two (2) Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Advising a subsidiary of regional aircraft leasing company on acquisition of one cargo Boeing 747-400 and its further lease an airline based in Azerbaijan and further potential sale to the Irish subsidiary of a major Russian financial institution.
- Advising a subsidiary of the regional aircraft leasing company on the sale of one Airbus A321-211 aircraft with operating lease to a Russian airline attached.
- Advising a regional aircraft leasing company on the joint venture with a Chinese state owned company, including acquisition of eight new A320 and A321 aircraft from the manufacturer Airbus SAS and further lease of the aircraft to a major Russian airline.
- Assisting the previous operator, the lessor and new operator on the novation of the lease of one Airbus A320-231.
- Advising a Polish subsidiary of Small Planet Airlines on the novation of the lease of Airbus 320-232 aircraft in relation with the purchase of the aircraft by a new owner.
Corporate, M&A Transactions:
- Advising an Estonian investment company and shareholder of one of the largest airlines in Lithuania on increase of the share capital of two local companies to 500,000 Eur and 4,000,000 Eur respectively, as well as, on other local corporate governance matters.
- Advising an Estonian investment company on protection of the client’s right to choose the name of the company which correspondents to a previously registered EU trademark.
- Representing a Spanish company on settling a trademark issue with a Russian-based company.
Litigation / Dispute Resolution:
- Representing a Czech company in a dispute with a Lithuanian car retail company regarding the deposit of around EUR 40,000 paid by the client for five (5) Land Rover Range Rover Sport vehicles.
- Advising an Irish subsidiary of a multifunctional leasing company of one of the leading universal banks of Russia in an insurance dispute with a Lithuanian branch of Latvian insurance company regarding the insurance proceeds due by the insurance company because of damage caused to insured aircraft engine CFM-56 during its transportation from Lithuania to Spain.
- Representing a German insurance underwriting company in the court proceedings against Lithuanian Shipping Company and Lithuanian Railways in nearly one million USD dispute regarding various aspects of maritime, property, bankruptcy and insurance laws.
- Representing four journalists employed by a Russian state-owned media before the European Court of Human Rights in a case against Lithuania regarding deportation of journalists due to allegedly presenting a threat to the national security of Lithuania
- Representing an US citizen in Lithuania in a number of civil cases related with the enforcement of a USD 34 million US Court judgment against her former husband.
- Representing a major Ukrainian producer of beverages in a case against the Lithuanian State Food and Veterinary Service regarding the prohibition to import and sell non-alcoholic products manufactured by the client
- Representing a company incorporated in Estonia in recovery of more than EUR two million from the former executives of a bankrupt Lithuanian company
- Representing a Spanish company in challenging the registration of a trademark in Lithuania
- Advising a local company in a case against a Latvian company in recovery of funds for the services provided
- Representing ground handling company against an insurance company regarding the damages allegedly caused by the client to a component of the airport’s Ground Power Unit (GPU).
- Representing an entrepreneur from the Kingdom of Morocco working in the Republic of Ukraine in a case against the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding the refusal to issue a Schengen visa.
- Representing a local travel agency in a debt recovery case related with flight tickets provided to third parties.
- Advising a Dutch company regarding the recovery of a substantial amount from a local company and subsequent bankruptcy procedures.
- Representing a Polish law firm in a dispute with a large Lithuanian company regarding debt arising from a restructuring case and a particular assignment agreement.
- Representing a Russian state-owned media holding in a case against local leading news agency regarding a unilateral termination of the contract.
- Advising a company of Belize in recovering a debt for delivered aluminium, the value of which exceeds EUR 50,000 from a Lithuanian company.
- Representing an Australian citizen in a dispute with a local partner regarding a joint venture contract and other related matters.
- Representing the Ukrainian family of five people seeking a political asylum in Lithuania.
- Advising a Belize company on a dispute regarding defective painting of its managed Bombardier Challenger 850 Aircraft by a subcontractor of the Estonian aircraft maintenance organization.
- Representing a shareholder and CEO of the local confectionary company in a dispute with a minority shareholder.
- Representing a German company in a dispute with a local Lithuanian business partner regarding debt for goods delivered to the German company in the Netherlands.
- Representing a Lithuanian citizen before the European Court of Human Rights in a case against Lithuania regarding diverse decisions of Lithuanian courts in two separate proceedings concerning the same matter.
- Representing subsidiaries of a regional aircraft leasing company in a dispute regarding the reimbursement of maintenance reserves for the aircraft.
- Representing a Lithuanian citizen in a case on challenging in court the legitimacy of a certificate of succession.
- Representing a Lithuanian citizen before the Supreme Court of Lithuania regarding reimbursement of damages caused by a prosecuted third party using the client’s vehicle.
- Representing a Malaysian citizen and two companies from Hong Kong and Mahe Seychelles in a dispute with the owner of a money transfer system Egopay, which was managed by a Lithuanian citizen.
- Defending four foreigners (two German, one Australian and one British) in a criminal case on illegal crossing of the state border of Lithuania.
- Defending a Ghanaian citizen at the District Court of Vilnius City in a criminal case regarding illegal possession of psychotropic substances.
- Defending a French citizen in a criminal case regarding violation of customs regulations and illegal shipment of certain goods to the Republic of Lithuania.
© 2008 - 2021, Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius. All rights reserved. The contents of this website and all information contained therein is protected under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and applicable international agreements. The information contained on this website may not be copied, shared or reproduced or published without the written permission of Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius.