10 Apr 2020
Extended term for filing tax declarations on income from individual activity
10 Apr 2017
The Law on the Legal Status of Foreigners in the Republic of Lithuania has recently been amended – Article 451 was included, introducing a simplified order for receiving a permit for temporary residence in Lithuania for foreigners who are planning to start legal businesses in Lithuania related to new technologies or introducing other significant innovations for economic or social development in Lithuania. An institution authorized by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania must confirm in writing that the foreigners’ business is related to new technologies or introducing other significant innovations for economic or social development and also that a particular person is qualified enough, has a valid business plan and significant funds for its implementation. It also has to be verified that the presence of a member of a start-up company is necessary in order for the start-up company to carry out its business. The valuation order is confirmed by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania.
What is required to receive a temporary residence permit? -
The following must be submitted:
1. An application;
2. A confirmation from State Enterprise „Versli Lietuva“, approving that the future business of a foreigner complies with all relevant law requirements (the valuation of foreigner’s business is carried out via video interview, during which the person briefly introduces his / her business idea);
3. Valid travel document;
4. A document permitting to stay in the Republic of Lithuania;
5. 1 photo (40x60 mm);
6. A document verifying that the person has enough funds;
7. Document on current residence;
8. A certificate that the person has not been convicted of any criminal offences;
9. Health insurance document;
10. A list of previous travels and residence in foreign countries;
11. A document showing that the person has the right to stay in Lithuania (in case you apply while staying in Lithuania).
It is also required to pay the state fees (except in cases when a person is relieved from paying the fees).
Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius, registered office Jogailos street 4, 3rd floor, Vilnius, LT-01116, Lithuania, fax +370 52051926, e-mail: info@SulijaPartners.com
© 2008 - 2019, Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius. All rights reserved. The contents of this website and all information contained therein is protected under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and applicable international agreements. The information contained on this website may not be copied, shared or reproduced or published without the written permission of Šulija Partners Law Firm Vilnius.